Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A peek in my room on the eve before the first day!

Well this is it.  I'm as prepared as I'm going to be!  My room is as done as it can be!  My sweet first graders will come tomorrow for their first day!  I'm very excited to get to know them and begin this journey with them.

Here's a peek into my room as I left it today -


A view from the doorway into my room....on the opposite wall you will see my word wall and my schedule


Our carpet for carpet time with my chair and circus wall


My "messy" corner of centers storage and outdoor play toys along with our
Juggling Jobs clown


My boys' and girls' restroom with our library in between.  A few of our first days books are on top of the library with SkippyJon for now.


Each bucket in our library has a different type of duct tape on it.  Each book in that bucket also has the same strip of duct tape across the spine.  This enables my student whose job is librarian to know which bucket to put the books in.  


More of our library...


An example of a bucket with the strip of duct tape



The left front of my room with student boxes, centers trays, color words and our Whole Brain rules


The board area of our room


My agenda board with our essential questions and objectives as well as my teaching table


Looking back at the door into the hall with our 200 chart, shapes and number words


My data wall to hold student benchmark scores as well as goals and "Did we meet our goals?" information.  Please excuse my mess under the board.  Some are my items and some are supplies but those desks will hold my student netbooks when we receive them later this week.

Well I better get to finishing up my last minute things so that I can go to bed.  I hope I can sleep!  Can you sleep on the night before school?  I'm always SOOOO excited and nervous that it's hard to actually rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment